First Week of School - January 2008



This kids just finished their first week of school. I received this email from Kevin and thought I would pass it on. I love the Kenyan English (remember this is their third language!)... phrases like "nice time" are classic. I'll post an update on the fundraising efforts another time, but I'm just so grateful for the support for these kids. From Kevin:

Hi Mum,

Receive much greetings from me hoping you are all doing well. We are also doing well and we all started school. We all moved to our housing and like it. I tell you we are now settled and it is now our turn to show you that we are serious with our life. That will only happen by us doing well at school.

Before I continue, I want to take this opportunity to kindly thank you for paying for me my fees. I sincearly tell you I am as happy like a king in his palace. Actually the cheque arrived at school and they wrote me a receipt. I don't know in which way I can express myself to you so that you can be in a position of understanding my appreciation and HAPPINESS. I promise you I will do WELL and you will not believe me. May God bless you, your friends and your entire family.

At school I am doing well. I have already started making friends. I have one from Zimbabwe and he is called Briane. He is a good friend and he always tell me more about his country and why he decided to come and study in Kenya. Classes are ok and we have teachers even from other countries eg my French teacher comes from Burundi. He was telling me to make sure I try and do well in his French even though it is my first time. I assured him I will.

I will end here and hope to update you on anything here. Actually THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. Nice time.


Your loving son,

Kevin

(From left to right: Kevin, Sophie, Eric, Traphis... Pictures taken in 2003 when I lived there.)

No comments: